Topics

HOMEPAGE Forums pokemon gyms Pokemon Gym Coin System A Bust?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  MelissaStephen 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

MelissaStephen
    Participant

Hey guys! I know a lot of you despise the new Pokemon coin system since the new gyms. It seems like the only downfall of the new gym system.
    What do you guys think would be better?
    In my opinion, I feel the coins should stack up each day, giving you 50 coins times the number of days your pokemon was in the gym.
    If that isn’t an option to Niantic, I would bring back the Defenders Bonus. It was nice to click the little button, assuring that you receive your coins, despite having to wait 24 hours or however long it was.
    It was a lot better than being limited 50 coins a day, especially if your pokemon was in the gym for a week.

SaimQadeer
    Participant

Yeah , you’re right! The 50 coins is bad enough, but my biggest problem with the new system, though, is the stupid system where your pokemon has to return to get the coins. All that does is encourage stupid “deals” between opposing teams (when the game is supposed to be competitive), and encourages players to put weak pokemon in gyms, just so it’s easier to get their coins (I mean, the situation is so bad, the HUB made an article on what pokemon to put in gyms to encourage turnover :persevere:.) Even if Niantic REALLY wanted to be mean and give us 50 less coins per day than they used to, trainers wouldn’t be AS upset if you could just collect your 50 without having to get kicked out of a gym for it.

MelissaStephen
    Participant

yeah, I hear ya. I’ve asked friends on the opposite team to knock down the gym in order to get my coins.
    I just really hope they fix it soon, otherwise they are going to loose a lot of players that just came back or have already been playing since day one.

Stevenmike254
    Participant

I think it should just give you the coins each day, regardless of it you are still in gym. If you get kicked out, then you get some earlier, if not you get your 50 (or whatever your due) at midnight.

MathewGeorge
    Participant

MelissaStephen
    Participant

I agree! That article has some great points made!

MelissaStephen
    Participant

That sounds good! Perhaps maybe even bring the defender’s bonus back too!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.